The Russian Public Organization “The Russian Committee of Solidarity and Cooperation with the peoples of Asia and Africa” (RCSCAA) is the successor of the Soviet Committee of Solidarity with the Countries of Asia and Africa established in 1956 and is a member of the International Afro-Asian People’s Solidarity Organization (AAPSO) established in January 1957 with headquarters (since that time to the present day) in the capital of the Arab Republic of Egypt – Cairo.
Deputy Chairman of the Council of the Federation of the Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation, Iliyas Magomed-Salamovich Umakhanov is the RCSCAA President. Mr. Umakhanov has also been appointed the AAPSO Vice-President in 2016.
Chairman of the RCSCAA Board of Trustees is Alexander Sergeevich Dzasokhov, Chairman of the Russian-Syrian Friendship and Cultural Relations Society, Deputy Chairman of the Russian Federation Commission for UNESCO.
The RCSCAA operations are supported by its regional representative offices opened in 45 regions of the Russian Federation. The representative offices are currently preparing their extensive activities programmes.
The RCSCAA’s main goal is strengthening mutual respect, trust and solidarity between the peoples of the Russian Federation and the countries of Asia and Africa, and to develop and maintain comprehensive ties and cooperation between them.
Secretary General of the RCSCAA – Khalturina Natalia Vyacheslavovna.
Head of Administration of the RCSCAA – Bolgova Ekaterina Dmitrievna.
Chairman of the RCSCAA Expert Council – Vitaly Vyacheslavovich Naumkin, Academic Supervisor of the Institute of Oriental Studies of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Member of the Russian Academy of Sciences.
RCSCAA’s objectives are:
1. To promote and strengthen mutual respect, trust and solidarity between the peoples of the Russian Federation and the countries of Asia and Africa; to prevent and contribute to peaceful settlement of interethnic, territorial, religious and other conflicts arising between them.
2. To develop cooperation with nongovernmental and governmental organizations, democratic movements and associations in countries of Asia and Africa as well as other states.
3. To promote human rights and civil liberties protection, democracy, freedom of conscience and press, social protection, mutual acceptance and constructive interaction between religions and cultures, friendship and solidarity between peoples living in the Russian Federation and Asia and Africa for the purposes of their well-being and prosperity.
4. To promote mutually beneficial international economic, scientific and technological and cultural cooperation, with the full involvement of the Russian society.
5. To assist in the Russian Federation foreign policy realization aimed at developing comprehensive ties and mutually beneficial cooperation between the Russian Federation and the countries of Asia and Africa.
6. To support the cause of peace and disarmament, contribute to the prevention and elimination of conflicts, stand against racial and national discrimination, provide full support to the UN peacekeeping constructive mission on the global stage, and participate within its powers in projects and initiatives aimed at solving problems of Asia and Africa.
7. To participate in solving environmental problems and issues related to the rational use of world natural resources, adoption of energy-saving and harmless technologies in cooperation with relevant environmental scientific centers and specialized institutions in Russia and abroad.